Support a Local Gift Shop
Have you ever found yourself searching last minute for that perfect baby shower gift? Walking down the street, ducking into every open store, only to find the same thing being offered over and over again. Maybe you bought what you’d hoped would be the perfect Christmas present, only for it to look nothing like what you had expected after all. An online gift shop might be the answer you’re looking for.
While online shopping has become a necessity within the last year, that doesn’t mean you should have to sacrifice quality, design, or service.
Buy Local and Support your Community
Today more than ever it’s important for people to join forces and support their communities. Shopping local means helping store owners pay employees, who are then able to spend their money at other local businesses. This means that when you buy local, you’re helping create jobs for the people around you, as well as investing in your own community’s social and economic well-being.
The impact your single purchase can have on your local store owner is also much greater than if shopping at a mass retailer. The woman running the corner store café, the librarian who just took over the bookstore next door, or the team running a Canadian-based online gift shop tend to appreciate their customers so much more. Why? Because your choice to support them makes sure their business can thrive. You help put food on their table, pay their bills, and put a roof over their heads. That alone is a very big reason to shop local – when one person wins, everyone else wins too!
Shopping Online Can Still Mean Buying Local
Buying locally-made is certainly possible even through the internet. As a proudly Canadian company, we strive to offer products from as many local craftsmen as possible. You’ll find even more options than what might be available in a physical store since there’s never any trouble with where or how to display a new product. And, with the added benefit of being able to browse in your pj’s in the comfort of your own home, you can have the best of both worlds!
Don’t feel like leaving your house that day? No worries, you can have your shopping delivered right to your front door, and with the same excellent service as if shopping in person. All the benefits of online shopping, with the clear conscience of also buying local.
You Don’t Have to Sacrifice the Novelty Factor!
Buying from an online gift store doesn’t mean you can’t still find a one-of-a-kind anniversary gift for your partner! While other brick-and-mortar stores might all shop from the same big box wholesaler, an online store can be more selective of what they offer. This is because they’re not restricted to a specific shop size, and have lower overhead in comparison.
Without the extra cost of keeping the literal lights on in a physical store, gift stores with an online presence can focus on unique products without giving up exceptional quality. Novelty gifts are still very much an option online.
So, Is a Local Gift Shop the Option for You?
● If you want to support local – then yes! Local businesses are owned and operated by your friends and family. They’re deeply invested in the future of those around them, and care about your community since they live in it as well.
● If you care about the environment – then yes! Did you know that in comparison, local businesses have less of a carbon footprint? Less traveling across the world means less of an impact on the planet around us.
● If you want your money to go further – then yes! On average, for every $100 you spend at a local business, $68 of that amount is reused into the community. That means if you shop at one store, you’re helping more than one business.
● If you love great customer service – then yes! Local businesses love what they do, and they want to share that passion with you. They take great care in picking only the best products to sell and are always ready to answer any questions you might have about them.
● If you’re Covid conscious – then yes! Online local gift stores are probably exactly what you’re looking for. A variety of locally made products within the safety and comfort of your own house. No lining up, no need for masks, and you don’t even have to leave your bed.
Great! Now What?
Now you shop! At What A Jewel we offer a selection of hundreds of locally made or designed Canadian products. There’s something for every occasion – from birthdays to Valentine’s day. Plus, our team is on standby ready to give you a hand in picking out the perfect thing for your loved one.
We’re looking forward to meeting you!